Boosting the signal
Staff Open Government Attorney
EFF is seeking a staff attorney to join its FOIA Litigation for Accountable Government (FLAG) Project. Responsibilities will include filing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and handling follow-up litigation, public speaking, media outreach, and legislative and regulatory advocacy, all in connection with the FOIA and open government issues. The staff attorney will also directly supervise a deferred associate or volunteer working on the FLAG Project.
The ideal candidate will possess these qualifications:
* Demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, civil liberties issues involving emerging technologies.
* At least four years of litigation experience, including significant experience managing cases, overall case strategy and day-to-day projects and deadlines. Specific FOIA litigation experience is desirable, but not required.
* Excellent writing and communications skills, preferably with a track record of blogging, investigative reporting, or other similar activity.
* Ability to manage and organize large quantities of documentary materials.
* Familiarity with basic information technology tools.
Candidates should have good communication skills and interest in working with a team of highly motivated lawyers and activists in a hard-working nonprofit environment. This position is based in San Francisco.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, writing sample, and references to FOIAjob@eff.org.